– Director – YOUNG+RICHARDS Limited
Elvon Young has a background in Architecture, Marketing, and Art. His work operates in a collaborative cross disciplinary environment encompassing art, academia, and professional practice. His current research area is in the development, integration, and application of systemised parametric design philosophies to design and construction practices in the South Pacific with live projects including masterplanning, comprehensive development and high end luxury bespoke homes in Fiji and New Zealand.
Aside from his role at Young+Richards he currently holds a tenured position at AUT University, Department of Spatial Design as Senior Lecturer. He is a past Head of Department of Spatial Design, past President of the Auckland Architecture Association and has been invited to judge various design competitions including the Timber Design Awards, DINZ Best awards and the NZRIA Red Awards.
As an artist he has worked on collaborative digital moving image projects with Davor Popadich and Mladen Bizumic since 2002. Their works have been exhibited in numerous galleries such as Artspace (Auckland, N.Z.), Chelsea Art Museum (New York, U.S.A.), Reina Sofia Museum (Madrid, Spain), Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (Wellington, N.Z.) and the City Gallery (Wellington, N.Z.).
– Master of Arts (Honours), AUT University
– Bachelor of Architecture (Honours), University of Auckland
– Bachelor of Architectural Studies, University of Auckland
– Bachelor of Commerce, University of Auckland
– Licensed Building Practitioner
– Past President – Auckland Architecture Association (AAA)
– Past Head of Department – AUT University
– Member, Designers Institute of New Zealand (DINZ)
– External Examiner and External Moderator for the University of Auckland School of Architecture Master of Architecture (Professional)
– Guest Judge for New Zealand Timber Design Awards
– Guest Judge for Designers Institute of New Zealand Best Awards
– Guest Judge for New Zealand Retail Interior Association RED Awards.