– Director – YOUNG+RICHARDS Limited
Toby Russell has a history in complex co-ordinated large scale projects including residential, retail, commercial and mixed-used. He has been responsible for developing projects from schematic design through construction administration, with an emphasis on systemised construction documentation. The fast pace of rollout has given him experience with numerous geographic locations and several key clients – Housing New Zealand, ASB, AUT University, Bunnings, eHome, Precision Construction and Dominion Constructors. His prior experience in the USA included significant rollouts for numerous brands including Bank of America, Nissan, Gap, Sephora, Nike, and Apple, as well as the coordination of construction and retail leasing for Block 37 (re-development of a full city block) in Chicago, IL, USA.
Toby’s skills at communication, dedication to seeing a project through to the end, and efficient and organised style of work make him a valuable leader. He is currently responsible for coordinating and developing technical systems and protocols for our project delivery / volume architectural documentation studio, and practice management across the office.
– Master of Architecture, University of Michigan
– Bachelor of Arts (Architecture), University of Michigan
– AIA Associate Member
– USGBC, LEED Accredited Professional
– Guest Lecturer, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
– Tutor, AUT University, New Zealand
– Co-Lecturer, Harrington College of Design, Chicago, IL, USA